Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Another Poo Free Update; The Air Dry Test

I know it may sound silly to some, but it has been a life long dream of mine to have air dry hair. You know the kind. When I was in high school I would see those girls with their air dry hair. They show up for school, their hair still wet, and by lunch time it was this wavy, shiny, moving sea of beauty. Well, that's how it appeared to me anyway. I've written about it before, my longing for hair that needs no heat or round brush to be presentable.
As happy as I have been with my new low maintenance hair, I have still not been able to bid my hair dryer fair well  While it's true that a brush and even hair product is no longer something that I require on a daily basis, I still stand every morning for 10 to 15 minutes, bending at the waist, hanging my head upside down, scrunching with one hand, and holding my defuser in the other. The idea that I would ever have air dry hair seemed out of reach.
Then I wondered, what does my hair look like now when it's air dried? It's been months since I've tried. So here I sit, damp hair, typing away in hopes that when it comes time to take my daughter to school today, I won't be embarrassed to do so.

So what was the verdict?
It seems as though my hair looks just fine air dried. I will admit to brushing it which made my waves kind of weird, but it's a learn as you go process. So here it is, 9 months no poo and now I am an air dry girl.



And for perspective and or comedy, let's take a look again at the air dry transition.

What I started with 9 months ago air dry
5 weeks no poo air dry
3 months no poo air dry
today

I am a happy girl with healthy hair, and who knew about the color? I mean I had no idea my hair color would change so much. If you haven't been keeping up, I do want to say that I'm no longer using baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Here is the LINK where I discuss my current hair routine. 
Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment