Recently, in the last 3 years or so, I've started to get some redness. I was afraid it might be rosacea. Some days are worse than others, and if I get any sun at all it looks like my face is on fire. Also suddenly I'm starting to get a little cystic acne.
I've always used either Nuetragena or Clean and Clear facial scrub but in the spirit of wanting to decrease my dependency on large corporations and big box retailers, I tried something new.
Honey. Raw, organic honey. I've heard awesome stuff about manuka honey, but I'm just using regular honey.
I already had some of this really raw honey from a cupcake recipe last summer. I hadn't used it since, so waste not want not.
I also bought some organic, cold pressed, coconut oil from Trader Joe's.
- I remove my eye makeup with olive oil.
- with clean hands I splash my face with lukewarm water
- I massage the honey in a circular movement all around my face using my fingertips to avoid spreading bacteria
- Rinse my face and pat it dry.
- Apply small amount of coconut oil all over my face including lips and eyelashes.
When I wake up in the morning, my skin looks like porcelain. No redness at all and greatly reduces the inflammation of acne. I love love love this new routine and my skin does too.